As warmer weather starts, you could be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Michigan City? Especially if your AC equipment is recently purchased or was running well last year.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new car and never have to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioner. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving components. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving parts can break down.
Having your unit checked annually by a Paniccia Heating & Cooling tech can help spot little issues before they become large meltdowns. (And cause your unit to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your air conditioner is placed outdoors, it’s more susceptible to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can majorly affect your system’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to service intricate internal parts.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate within your unit can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these problems can lead to higher energy needs—and a bigger utility bill!
- It could prolong your unit’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and might even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly energy costs and over the years, as you won’t have to replace your equipment as soon.
- It helps determine little problems before they turn into big, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will keenly examine components and complete a set of cooling performance verifications. These in-depth procedures often allow us to locate problems before they turn into large issues that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free cooling throughout the summer. After your system is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your system is ready to deliver worry-free air. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this work, your equipment is open to advanced breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A good AC tune-up should have an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the things we’ll complete:
We’ll inspect the subsequent areas and parts:
- Overall equipment order
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the jobs we’ll finish:
- Put in new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lube moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Maintenance Today with Paniccia Heating & Cooling
Now is the perfect time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Paniccia Heating & Cooling pros a shout at 219-872-2198 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we arrive at your residence, don’t forget to browse our discount offers for savings on your approaching tune-up.